Hugo González from the Mexican Chapter of the Honeynet created VirtualBox debian images which make it easier to install dionaea.
Just download the images, unpack, import to virtualbox.
The README gives some more hints what to do afterwards:
Dionaea "dirty" install on debian.
This instalation have *some* details:
1. user root without password.
2. Dionaea running as daemon, to stop
3. For running in the screen:
/opt/dionaea/bin/dionaea -l all,-debug -L '*'
4. For logs check /opt/dionaea/var/log-dionaea.log
5. For captures check /opt/dionaea/var/dionaea/binaries and bistreams
6. For sql logs check /opt/dionaea/var/dionaea/logsql.sqlite
7. Apt-get doesn't work any more (there are 2 broken packages)
The system is configured with dhcp, if you don't have or want a static
ip address, you must change the files:
There are ssh-server installed, but you need to assign password to
root in order to use it.
Once configured, its pretty confort use VBoxHeadless to run in background.
So, set a root password, and enjoy it.